This is it. We are officially one day away from the holiday that helps us showcase the love that we have for our significant others, friends and family. Cast away the idea that Valentine’s Day is only for couples. Many celebrate their single freedom on the “Day of Love” by exchanging gifts with friends or family, and overall making a joyous time of it.
Whoever you are looking to purchase a gift for, here are five great ideas under $100 that will leave your loved ones happy and won’t leave your wallet empty come Friday. Now after reading this you have one chance to run to the mall… Ready. Set. Go!
1. Fragrances. As cliche as it may sound, we as people always appreciate a new scent. Now available at Kohl’s – Coach’s new Poppy Flower Fragrance Collection ($45.00-65.00) for women is sure to make her feel as if spring has sprung early! Give the man in your life options by gifting him one of the many appealing Perry Ellis Fragrance Sets ($40.00-60.00), also available at Kohl’s.
2. Clothing for the ladies. Entertainment for the men. For a limited time only, and how convenient that it falls around Valentine’s Day, shoppers are able to get their hands on Prabal Gurung’s collection for Target ($14.99-199.99). Score your lady a flirty dress for date night or your sister a floral blouse for work. This collection sets the tone for fun, flirty and affordable! Now ladies, one of the many reasons men appreciate Target is for their vast entertainment selection. Pick up a copy of the latest James Bond 007 movie, Skyfall, on sale now ($16.99-19.99), to top off a night in! Note: take out not included. :)
3. For the DIY’er in your life. Raise your hand if you or your loved ones are currently working on a home project. Now everybody put your hand down. Help them out by giving them a Lowe’s gift card ($100 value) to jump start that project they’ve been meaning to do or help them complete a task they’re currently working on. To personalize the gift since many stray away from simple gift cards, Lowe’s offers up the options to design your own gift card or send an e-gift card. Tip: Offer to assist on the project and pick out materials. It will be time well spent together!
4. Loungewear. Cozy up for the remaining month of winter in a pair of furry slippers or plush robe! Ladies will appreciate the functionality and coziness of these Sperry Top-Sider Faux-Fur Boat Shoe Slippers in Pink Suede available at Macy’s. (Pink, so fitting for VDay!). A sassy and extra comfortable take on the classic boat shoe, and did I mention they’re on sale for $64.99?! Now for the men, wrap them up in a lush Polo Ralph Lauren Velour Robe ($85.00) from Macy’s – a perfect idea for dad, brother or significant other!
5. Jewels. Bobbles. Sparkle. It wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day if jewelry wasn’t involved! Women will swoon for the candy colored gems now available at Zales. A statement piece like this Pink and White Sapphire ring (on sale for $49.99) is sure to knock her off her feet. If you’re looking for something for mom go for a vintage look like this Cushion-Cut Sapphire Vintage Ring (on sale for $99.99), she’ll adore the delicate detail the ring provides, plus that touch of glam! Zales offers a wide variety of items for men from rings to watches. Looking for something for your dad or loved one? Try the Personalized Diamond Accent Stainless Steel Watch (on sale for $71.10) to make it an item they’ll never forget.
Now you tell us… Who are you spending Valentine’s Day with and how do you plan on making it special?
Happy Valentine’s Day Find n Save shoppers!
Photo courtesy of Flickr user Rita H Cobbs