All parents who have children back in school know how crazy the morning can become! The battle of getting kids out of bed, feed, dressed, teeth brushed, and out the door is ongoing. Time cutting tips that I have come up with begin with planning the night before.
1. Pick out clothes – I always have my daughter pick her outfit for the following day and lay out all accessories, and yes, this includes shoes. Nothing is more frustrating than frantically searching for a missing shoe!
2. Pack backpacks – This also helps with ensuring that all homework is done. I can remember as a child informing my mother the morning an assignment was due that I had not started. What a mess!
3. Pack lunches – I also pack my daughter’s lunch the night before so all we have to do is grab her lunch box out of the fridge in the morning.
4. Plan breakfast – Planning breakfast in advance can also elevate stress. I shop in advance for foods that my children will eat that are healthy and sometimes can be eaten in the car.
5. Give yourself a cushion – Allowing plenty of time by giving myself a 15 minute cushion in case an emergency arises! Because we all know that kids can spill milk and require an outfit change, or drag their feet when they are tired!
What are your favorite time saving techniques? We’d love to hear!